With more people are turning to careers in politics which makes NGP Van’s tips on launching a political campaign, all the more important to those who wish to run for office.
- It’s important to build a communications plan. Right off the bat, tell people what you’re hoping to achieve with their support. What is your goal?
- The next step is having a website because in this digital age, having nothing about yourself online is almost the equivalent of not existing.
- After you’ve done the task of getting people excited to support you, it’s time to get a CRM–Customer relationship management–so you can better keep track of your supporters and their donations. For this, NGP Van high recommends their very own Digital 8 which has been trusted for many politcal campaigns.
- Come up with a brand logo, your identity. Something that people can say “oh, that’s so and so’s logo”. It helps familiarize people to you.
- Adding to step 2, social media is essential. While a website can allow people to see who you are, social media accounts keep them updated on the important things concerning your campaign.
- Establishing an SMS is important because it effectively connects you with your supporters and encourages them to mobilize.
- Running Digital Ads work better because this is the digital age where TV is becoming more obsolete. With the help of companies like Google, you can make it easier for people to find you with these ads that allow for your campaign site to be at the very top of the search list.
- The last but definitely not least step is to go out and make those calls. Potential donors and supporters need to see that you show some initiative in your campaign.
Equipped with this helpful, those running for office can be sure that their campaign won’t fail. NGP Van is a company that deals in things surrounding voter database, online fundraising, and web hosting services, so it’s safe to say they know a thing for two about this topic.